Saturday, July 23, 2011

The den makeover.

When we moved into this house I hated the color in den. The walls were this horrible drab tan color and the exposed beams were a darker mud brown. As soon as I had permission from our landlord to paint I was ready to do it. I didn’t think about a few things though like how long it was going to take to paint the room and how much attention a new puppy who loves to chew needs. She made the process quite a bit longer! I wanted to paint the beams and trim white and a light blue for the walls. It took 3 days to get it all done and one of those days N was home so he was on Kady duty and I painted from 9-7:30 that night to finish it all up. It looks so much better and I love it!

Before

DSC03870

In process. The blue was not working with that brown at all.

DSC04253                                                            

After

DSC04271

DSC04270

 

I still need to put the curtains back up and get some pictures on the walls. I’m just so glad the room doesn’t looks like a dungeon anymore! We will be building an entertainment center soon to hide all the cords so Miss Chews a lot can’t get to them. This room is set up very oddly and cords are in strange places.

The girls are all getting along a little bit better now. Ki actually PLAYED with Kady today! We’ve been waiting all week for her to warm up and stop biting at her and it was so cute watching them play. Kady has been so much fun so far but we really had forgotten how much work a puppy takes! Since this is a rental we can’t leave her out loose while we are gone because she gets into everything her little teeth can fit around. We had been locking her in the tub because we have glass sliding doors and she can’t get out but she HATES it because she can’t see what’s going on in the rest of the house. This morning we needed to run to the store so she needed to be put up and I remembered that we have a pack and play in the basement that I’ve had for years because Erin left it at my house when I would keep Maddie. I didn’t see any point in getting rid of it because it was brand new so we decided to hang onto it for a future baby. N went down and pulled it out and she loves the thing! She stayed in it without screaming when we left and we put her in there when it was dinner time because she gets so distracted she won’t go ahead and eat and she was fine and I put her in there one time while she was sleeping and she stayed in there until the dogs barked and woke her up. I did order a crate for her yesterday but this will work great until the crate gets here.

IMG00165-20110723-1247

The girls have all established their spots on the sofa. N and I get to sit in the empty spots! lol

DSC04274

DSC04264

She plays hard and sleeps hard. She knows how to go in and out the dog door and it’s so cute to watch. She actually got up from the sofa and went outside to potty all on her own this afternoon so house training is going well.

DSC04267

DSC04263

DSC04250

1 comment:

  1. You will be loving life when you crate train her. Both our dogs go happily in their crates safe and sound when we have to run out, and at night to sleep. Its the best thing we ever did.

    ReplyDelete